POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Slicing media - is it possible ? : Re: Slicing media - is it possible ? Server Time
25 Oct 2024 19:52:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slicing media - is it possible ?
From: Alain Martel
Date: 25 Sep 2024 11:35:56
Message: <66f42ddc$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2024-09-24 à 13:40, yesbird a écrit :
> Hi,
> I am trying to apply CSG operations to objects filled with media without
> any success (results also attached):
> https://povlab.online/?scene=dicom.pov
>
> Who knows if it's really possible or I am only wasting the time trying
> to force it to work ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> YB
Looks like that box is opaque.

If you start by applying the media THEN cut away, you need to make sure
that the other object also have rgbt 1 as it's pigment.

The best approach here is to do all of your CSG before adding your
media, add the transparent pigment at once to the totality of the
composite object, then add the media.

DO NOT use union. You can use merge, intersection and difference. As
union don't remove any internal surface, it'll wreak havoc with your media.