POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optical Inertia : Re: Optical Inertia Server Time
3 May 2024 03:01:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optical Inertia
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 3 Apr 2024 11:30:35
Message: <660d761b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Francois LE COAT writes:
> The experiment from Hernan Badino was redone. You can see it there...
>

> The main interest is that video is looping, and the result is almost:
>

> Well, Hernan Badino is moving his head when he is walking, so the
> reconstructed trajectory is not perfectly looping at the end. But
> we can reconstruct the movement almost perfectly. We use OpenCV
> for image processing, and POV-Ray for 3D representation. We have
> to determine projective dominant motion in the video with a
> reference image, and change it when correlation drops below 80%.
>
> We have a 3D inertial model of motion, that's why POV-Ray helps =)

Three drones are flying between forests of trees. Thanks to the
optical-flow (DIS OpenCV) measured on successive images, the
"temporal disparity" reveals the forest of trees (3rd dimension)...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP75EeFVyOI> 1st drone
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5Z1Nu4Hko> 2nd drone
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxE8iS7fPI> 3rd drone

The interest with the forest is that trajectories are curved, in
order to avoid obstacles. It is measured thanks to a projective
transform, and represented with <Ry,Rz,Tx,Tz> thanks to POV-Ray.
The evolution of the drone is shown in front-view with its camera.

Best regards,

--

<https://eureka.atari.org/>