POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What happened : Re: What happened Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:56:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened
From: Glen Berry
Date: 18 Feb 2000 13:00:38
Message: <=YatOLdoCYvfNaz68XILaQyLN3G3@4ax.com>
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:49:26 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>This group became a victim of server overflow. We ran out of space on
>the server and Chris Cason had to remove many of the articles. I am
>working on him to restore some of them but I don't know how far I
>will get with this. Give me a few days and hopefully we will get some
>of them back - he sounded hopefull when I asked him about it.

Hello Ken,

I had been thinking of suggesting the this newsgroup be trimmed
anyway. My newsreaders were taking a LOT of extra time because of all
those messages. One of my readers stores all the headers it downloads
and even if I don't download the message bodies, just storing all
those headers was taking up a lot of space.

I was about to suggest creating a new group for the older messages -
sort of an archive group. That way, I'd be able to look at the latest
images and comments without having to wade through so much bloat.
Perhaps Chris might like this idea if he is considering restoring some
of the older messages?

Later,
Glen Berry