POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: An old bellows camera 64k [1/1] : Re: An old bellows camera 64k [1/1] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An old bellows camera 64k [1/1]
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Jan 2000 16:31:19
Message: <=W1uOEU7tIEZVCaIqttFGsTGFLt6@4ax.com>
On 31 Dec 1999 06:07:57 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>: Et tuus, Warpus, contra me? I noticed that Richard was using Windows,
>: supposed he had IE and gave him the simplest, fastest and cheapest
>: solution to view that particular post, _nothing_more_than_that_.
>
>  What makes you think that he is the only one who wants to see the image
>and is unable to do it for the reason mentioned elsewhere in this thread?

Right, nothing, I admit. Perhaps I should adjust my attitude when
talking aobut OSs (it has put me into trouble despite my will to be
objective and neutral). I have no idea how text-based newsreaders deal
with images, probably like Lynx (i.e. decode, save and launch an
external app.) and can't really help the users of such software.

>: When
>: are you guys going to stop flaming me?
>
>  I'm not flaming _you_ personally. I'm flaming everyone who thinks that
>everybody is using Windows.

Three years ago, everyone here in Bulgaria did (PCs are cheaper than
Macs, have more software available as warez, the OS is easily
pirateable etc.) Now the share of Linux is so great that I am the last
person in the world thinking that everyone is MS-compatible. Offices,
game clubs, and home computers of middle-aged people are the only true
MS-only machines. Art schools use Macs, other schools use Linux and
most people have dual-boot machines.

>  If I offended you, then I apologize.

No problem :)

"Nothing personal, just business..." --The Godfather

And Warp, happy new year!

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700