POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Confining an object to within an sPatch object : Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confining an object to within an sPatch object
From: Peter Popov
Date: 27 Jan 2000 09:08:38
Message: <+lCQOLXrTb+VgPcVZfTibv8qJKaK@4ax.com>
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:07:50 +1000, "Chris Colefax"
<cco### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>The Liquid Spray include file is really designed for particle sprays, and
>although it will create puddles on flat surfaces it doesn't (yet?) allow you
>to fill containers with liquid.
>
>Instead, I might back-up Peter's suggestion of modelling the flat surface of
>the liquid in sPatch as well, or perhaps a simple disc would be enough.
>Either way, unless you want to give the water an interior for fading or
>media, it should be enough just to model the surface with a suitable texture
>for ripples and such.

I think a disc *might* work with light fading because after the ray
hits it it never leaves and POV may be tricked into thinking it's
inside the disc. Didn't someone have a problem with transparent discs
and media recently?

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700