POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly : Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly
From: Mike Williams
Date: 14 Jan 2002 00:56:11
Message: <+cfY4GA2DnQ8EweH@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Nathan Kopp who wrote:

>"Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote...
>>
>> Confirmation?
>
>Yes.
>
>This is the same bug that can cause radiosity to be calculated incorrectly
>for sphere sweeps!  Note that setting Bounding_Threshold to zero in the INI
>file (or command line) will "fix" the problem.

On my machine, setting bounding_threshold to zero causes scenes that
contain no objects to crash. [I wonder if this is the missing ingredient
which causes some people to have all their objectless scenes crash -
perhaps they have bounding_threshold=0 in their ini file for some
reason.]

It also doesn't "fix" the problem that the min_extent (or max_extent) of
the sphere sweep always includes <0,0,0>.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure