POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega-POV Post-Processing Request : Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request
From: Glen Berry
Date: 24 Apr 2000 17:13:03
Message: <+bUEOels48ML5cOS74XnW16Du5rK@4ax.com>
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:58:53 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>I did a search with Sherlock, and found this page:
>http://www.ittc.ukans.edu/~jgauch/kuim/contrast/unsharp.html

I was there earlier today. This page also deals with unsharp masking
as applied to image sharpening. There is no mention of tonal range
manipulation or contrast management. However, there are a *lot* of
post processing techniques discussed at this site. They also provide
source code for each example. It might be a good reference for anyone
wanting to know more about image processing in general. Try their
homepage at this URL:

  http://www.ittc.ukans.edu/~jgauch/kuim/index.html

>This might also be relevant:
>http://www.computer.org/proceedings/icip97/8183-439.htm

This is getting warmer, but no real details are presented here.

>Some other interesting stuff:
>http://www.ph.tn.tudelft.nl/Courses/FIP/noframes/fip-Basic.html
>http://perso.club-internet.fr/legault/ip.html

These are also nice, but still address the use of unsharp masking for
image sharpening, and not the similar technique for contrast
management.

Anyone interested in post-processing would probably want to visit any
of these sites, but for what I am looking for, they are of no help.

I'm still looking...
Glen Berry