POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Headless nude (0/1) : Re: Headless nude (1/1) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Headless nude (1/1)
From: Mike Williams
Date: 10 Sep 2002 13:15:08
Message: <+YdErCANyaf9EwSi@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it IMBJR who wrote:

>The quotes around bad 3D are so necessary - since it's all very
>subjective.
>
>As for correcting the normals, I wouldn't know where to begin any
>ideas? It's, remember, a mesh2 generated by OBJuvPOV.

Did you actually remove the head in Poser, or did you do it with some
external technique afterwards? It's my guess that you may have got the
head removal slightly wrong, resulting in the set of deleted normals not
being exactly the same as the set of deleted points, thus resulting in
the remaining normal_indices being associated with the wrong
face_indices.

Or possibly the wrong uv_indices being associated with the wrong
face_indices - I'm not 100% convinced that the facets are due to wrong
normals, they look to me like the wrong bits of the image map might be
being applied to each triangle. It's much easier the get the uv_indices
wrong if you modified the INC file created by OBJuvPOV, because they are
presented in a different order to that of the face_ and normal_indices.

The Poser-PVJuvPOV-POVRay combination usually gets the normals and uv
mapping correct, so if any unusual additional processing were performed
I'd tend to suspect that.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure