POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: spline macro help need. - explain.jpg (1/1) : Re: spline macro help need. - explain.jpg (1/1) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:36:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: spline macro help need. - explain.jpg (1/1)
From: Mike Williams
Date: 7 Feb 2004 05:58:36
Message: <$SInoHAFSMJAFw0i@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Kurts who wrote:
>In article <40248239@news.povray.org>,
> "Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
>
>> I can't reproduce the problem you're having at the left side of your chain,
>> but I can reproduce and fix the weird effect that happens in the middle. I'd
>> have to see more of your code before I can address the problem on the left.
>> Are you using some extra options in your create_spline call?
>
>here is a code :

On my machine, your code still doesn't exhibit the problem that you had
on the left edge. Are you perhaps using an old version of the spline
macro?

On my machine it looks good if I just make the changes that Steve and I
said earlier:

1. Remove the two spurious points from the MySplinePoints array

2. Change the step size so that you get an even whole number of links

3. Scale your link_object down by "scale 0.625".

The points where the links should touch in your object are at x=0.8 and
x=-0.8 (the links should touch on the inside edge of the half torus) but
link_spline requires the touch points to be at x=0.5 and x=-0.5. So
scale your link by five eighths.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure