POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is Pov-ray development dead ? : Is Pov-ray development dead ? Server Time
13 May 2024 09:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Is Pov-ray development dead ?
From: PaulHuxe
Date: 28 Sep 2023 04:50:00
Message: <web.65153d54a008833ffa0a99ebd5f99eb2@news.povray.org>
Hi to all.

Today I wanted to reinstall POV-ray after several years of interruption.

I found the 3.8 beta version with your link to GITHUB, and saw that nothing has
moved since 2021.
There are only two people are linked to this project. And both of them have zero
activity the last year.

I searched for the 4.0 repository and saw that there are no new commit since
july 2021.

So my question : Is the project dead or does it have moved elsewhere else ?

I'm not C++ dev (only an amateur of C#...) so I cannot help on it.

Best regards.