POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Turbulence in a pigment_map : Re: Turbulence in a pigment_map Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turbulence in a pigment_map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Sep 2020 19:40:00
Message: <web.5f56c49a2e3bd5981f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"Uncle Josh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm trying to animate a burning effect on object. I tried both pigment map and
> texture maps, but the turbulence applied to the outer texture is being applied
> to the inner textures, which I don't want.

> I've tried this with material maps and pigment maps. I've tried putting the
> turbulence in a warp block, nothing works.
>
> I thought this was possible to do. Am I wrong?

Well, the turbulence only applies to the underlying pattern(s).  So what you
need to do is turbulate the pattern(s) that you want to layer on top.

#declare T_fire = texture { pigment { P_fire turbulence 0.2} }

The mapping applies to the gradient pattern, and if you want to turbulate the
mapping, then what you do is turbulate _that_ pattern, which the map applies to.

#declare Burning_Texture =
   texture {
       gradient x turbulence 0.2 ....

I'm not entirely understanding what you want to do, so I hope this helps
somewhat...

-Bill