POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Counting gear teeth : Counting gear teeth Server Time
5 May 2024 11:51:50 EDT (-0400)
  Counting gear teeth
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Jun 2017 10:15:00
Message: <web.5936b8342f8a2783c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I've been looking into something like this:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/6002-counting-teeth?focused=6779089&tab=example

in order to sort through gears that may have 120, 130, 150, .... 200, 210 teeth

Seems like it could be interesting to develop some macros using evalpigment,
trace, etc.
Looks like I might have to make some headway on my Fourier transform project, or
at least use a 3rd party tool to get far enough along the workflow...