POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Counting gear teeth Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:40:53 EDT (-0400)
  Counting gear teeth (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Counting gear teeth
Date: 6 Jun 2017 10:15:00
Message: <web.5936b8342f8a2783c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I've been looking into something like this:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/6002-counting-teeth?focused=6779089&tab=example

in order to sort through gears that may have 120, 130, 150, .... 200, 210 teeth

Seems like it could be interesting to develop some macros using evalpigment,
trace, etc.
Looks like I might have to make some headway on my Fourier transform project, or
at least use a 3rd party tool to get far enough along the workflow...

Post a reply to this message

> I've been looking into something like this:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/6002-counting-teeth?focused=6779089&tab=example

> in order to sort through gears that may have 120, 130, 150, .... 200, 210 teeth
>
> Seems like it could be interesting to develop some macros using evalpigment,
> trace, etc.
> Looks like I might have to make some headway on my Fourier transform project, or
> at least use a 3rd party tool to get far enough along the workflow...

Interesting, I'm going to find a way to categorise all the good stuff
you are posting. :D

--

Regards
     Stephen