POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : comma separated value file for data input : comma separated value file for data input Server Time
8 May 2024 20:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  comma separated value file for data input
From: Eric
Date: 10 Feb 2007 02:00:05
Message: <web.45cd67c8a7d38e577fa0baee0@news.povray.org>
Although far from new to POV-Ray (programmed first rendering in about 1996),
I am an infrequent user and thus a novice.  Right now I'm returning to it to
produce some 3D statistical graphs.  It would be really convenient for me
read data in from some sort of two-dimensional data file (a table).  Comma
separated value files (.CSV) are commonly used for this.  Is there any
convenient way to read a CSV file into some sort of data container (an
array of arrays? or can MATRIX be used other than for transforms?)

Thanks!
-Eric