POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur : MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur Server Time
14 May 2024 16:00:21 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur
From: GP70
Date: 4 Jan 2006 09:15:00
Message: <web.43bbd7d5c553dc914d24a2b10@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have discovered MegaPOV 1.2.1 since 1 month (I like the HDRI feauteres
very much!) and I'm working with HDRI global illumination that works very
well. My only concerning is about the decision of removing the
"reflection_blur" feature from this release (see rev. 0.7) which, for me,
could add more realism to reflective surfaces. Six years ago I was writing
a personal raytracer and this was one of the first features I added!!

One thing more is why do not consider the possibility to declare light
objects that generate only photons to be used in conjuction with the HDRI
global lighting (Radiosity). The problem is that otherwise you have double
illumination only to generate caustics and reflection.

Bye.