POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:57:13 EDT (-0400)
  MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: syntotic
Subject: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects
Date: 1 Jan 2011 01:10:07
Message: <web.4d1ec4c26d5ff68326ec5ab80@news.povray.org>
Should be the SIMPLEST advanced PovRay task: to wrap a simple Windows BMP image
astexture. Just specify camera, lights, object... and the texture. Then the
object is wrapped by a SIMPLE Windows BMP (bit-map file) ad the object becomes
the bitmap image! Like in, I camera watch a SIMPLE PLANE and the observed face
IS, the Windows BMP image I provided! No nonsense bmp spotting on a plane. Then
I can make transformation, change light colors, brake the plane, extend into 3D
forms, filter colors... but a SIMPLE BMP Windows image. No keyword magic, no 3D
coords expertise, just WATCH the SIMPLE BMP image on a PLANE from a point of
view with a camera and lights. Like in a theater stage? No advanced language
knowledge, no wading in documentation to project a SIMPLE WINDOWS BMP image on a
plane and use it as background, landscape, primed oil surface, whatever...
simple newbie secods with no expertise to project a SIMPLE BMP WINDOWS IMAGE as
surface texture, without going into material maps, color indexes,
transformations... JUST a SIMPLE WINDOWS BMP BMP IMAGE FILE as texture on a
watched plane or object. Why not a single word? Landscape. Photographed texture.
Stage scene. a SIMPLE WINDOWS BMP BMP IMAGE FILE TEXTURE. So... what are the
instructions to make a SIMPLE WINDOWS BMP BMP IMAGE FILE TEXTURE ON AN OBJECT
like a plane or a cube?

Post a reply to this message