POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray gets stuck on animations (VISTA) Server Time
2 May 2024 12:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray gets stuck on animations (VISTA) (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Uranor
Subject: POV-Ray gets stuck on animations (VISTA)
Date: 2 Oct 2007 16:30:00
Message: <web.4702aa26bee14756b27361c30@news.povray.org>
I am having problems with animations in POV-Ray 3.6 on Windows Vista (Home
Ed.).
When I try to run any animation with multiple frames, i.e. with instructions
like these in the INI file:

; Set up parameters for animation
Initial_Frame = 1
Final_Frame = 5
Initial_Clock = 1
Final_Clock = 5

POV-Ray gets stuck (i.e. the rendering window is not opened and the program
stops responding). It works normally if animations are not requested. I've
tried also running the animations provided with POV-Ray installation with
identical results. The most weird thing is that I used the animations
several times succesfully and then it suddenly stopped working. I had also
installed the (unofficial) MegaPOV patch, for I needed it for depth map
generation, but it has been working with animations and the patch without
issues  for at least a day. I tried to use the non patched executable too,
with identical results.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

I have the same problem in Vista. The code runs perfectly in XP. I don't know
why.

"Uranor" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I am having problems with animations in POV-Ray 3.6 on Windows Vista (Home
> Ed.).
> When I try to run any animation with multiple frames, i.e. with instructions
> like these in the INI file:
>
> ; Set up parameters for animation
> Initial_Frame = 1
> Final_Frame = 5
> Initial_Clock = 1
> Final_Clock = 5
>
> POV-Ray gets stuck (i.e. the rendering window is not opened and the program
> stops responding). It works normally if animations are not requested. I've
> tried also running the animations provided with POV-Ray installation with
> identical results. The most weird thing is that I used the animations
> several times succesfully and then it suddenly stopped working. I had also
> installed the (unofficial) MegaPOV patch, for I needed it for depth map
> generation, but it has been working with animations and the patch without
> issues  for at least a day. I tried to use the non patched executable too,
> with identical results.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
> Thanks.

Post a reply to this message