POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
17 May 2024 03:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Vista and POV-Ray (Message 20 to 29 of 29)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Vista and POV-Ray
Date: 19 Apr 2007 20:25:44
Message: <46280888$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> POV-Ray's windows code hails from the Windows 95 days

Just to be clear, I didn't intend to be critical. I was merely
explaining what the problem was likely to be with Vista. It tries to
compensate for old programs that stick per-user config data in a
per-machine location, and it's very confusing the way it does it,
because it essentially lies to the old program about where the file
actually is.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     His kernel fu is strong.