POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:04:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: secardsjunk
Date: 11 Jun 2008 19:05:00
Message: <web.485058f2892b732024b08fd70@news.povray.org>
"Carl" <car### [at] semisouthcom> wrote:
> > Where are you telling it to write the resulting image files?
>
> Well I assume the animation files would be save the same place the still
> images are placed.  That is the location of the ".pov" file itself.  As
> seen here:
>
> http://www.wwwmwww.com/images/VistaError3.png
>
> that is J:logo which is a directory on my jump drive.
>
> After some most testing last night the following command line does work:
>
> +H800 +W800 +FN +A -J
>
> So I assume its something with the animation parameters that is locking it
> up.
>
> The main reason I got a Core Duo was to speed up POV-Ray and now it doesn't
> want to cooperate.
>
> I'll do some more testing with changing some of the animation parameters one
> at a time tonight and I suspose I can always render just one frame at a time
> but I've just never had these problems with POV-Ray before.
>
> Help,
> Carl
>
> P.S.  Why don't back slashes show up in these posts?  For example I typed
> one between J: and logo above.

I had the same problem with not being able to edit .INI files. I just logged on
as admin then right clicked on the .INI went to property and then security.
Then  noticed that for my user account (even though listed as an admin)did not
have all permissions set. So i turned them all on and then hit apply, this then
let me edit any INIs