POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Question about Povray for windows Server Time
18 May 2024 19:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Question about Povray for windows (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
Subject: Question about Povray for windows
Date: 1 Jul 2006 22:10:02
Message: <web.44a72af6650a3e33c69ac230@news.povray.org>
If you want to edit something were do you do this and how? I have read all
of the documentation with povray but I still don't get it. Is it in the
command line or one of the editors????? I feel really silly not getting
this.

Post a reply to this message

> If you want to edit something were do you do this and how? I have read all
> of the documentation with povray but I still don't get it. Is it in the
> command line or one of the editors????? I feel really silly not getting
> this.

   I think you are giving too little information in order to give you
a good answer.
   What is it that you are seeing when you start povray? What have you
tried? Explain step by step both of these questions.

Date: 2 Jul 2006 10:15:00
Message: <web.44a7d4aa218e5a3b3c69ac230@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> > If you want to edit something were do you do this and how? I have read all
> > of the documentation with povray but I still don't get it. Is it in the
> > command line or one of the editors????? I feel really silly not getting
> > this.
>
>    I think you are giving too little information in order to give you
> a good answer.
>    What is it that you are seeing when you start povray? What have you
> tried? Explain step by step both of these questions.

OKay, I've created a scene and didn't like the way the lighting turned out
and I
want to change the settings and positions.
In povray for windows whould I edit the light in "Edit last scene file"? Or
would these changes need to be made using the "command line options" in the
POvray for windows render settings?

Thank you

Post a reply to this message

I don't understand what you want to edit in command line.
How did you create the scene ? With POVRAY or another software ?

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> > > If you want to edit something were do you do this and how? I have read
all
> > > of the documentation with povray but I still don't get it. Is it in
the
> > > command line or one of the editors????? I feel really silly not
getting
> > > this.
> >
> >    I think you are giving too little information in order to give you
> > a good answer.
> >    What is it that you are seeing when you start povray? What have you
> > tried? Explain step by step both of these questions.
>

> OKay, I've created a scene and didn't like the way the lighting turned out
> and I
> want to change the settings and positions.
> In povray for windows whould I edit the light in "Edit last scene file"?
Or
> would these changes need to be made using the "command line options" in
the
> POvray for windows render settings?
>
> Thank you

Post a reply to this message