POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Question about Povray for windows : Re: Question about Povray for windows Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about Povray for windows
From: St
Date: 2 Jul 2006 16:52:20
Message: <44a83204@news.povray.org>

news:web.44a7d4aa218e5a3b3c69ac230@news.povray.org...

> OKay, I've created a scene and didn't like the way the lighting turned out
> and I
> want to change the settings and positions.
> In povray for windows whould I edit the light in "Edit last scene file"?

   I think you could if you wanted to, (not sure, not ever having used it),
but most would just open their *.pov file which would open the onboard
editor. You would change your lighting (or anything else) parameters within
that editor. As soon as you open a *.pov file, that IS your editor. :o)

Or
> would these changes need to be made using the "command line options" in
> the
> POvray for windows render settings?

     No, command line options are really for 'refining' your scene. For
instance, if you leave the line blank and pick a resolution of [800 x 600,
No AA] for your scene, and THEN put '+A0.0' (without the quotes), in the
command line, this will reduce a lot of the jagged (pixelated) edges in that
scene. Try it on your present scene, you will then see the difference.
(There are even finer inputs for this, see your PoV docs for 'aa' or
'antialiasing').

    ~Steve~