POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : rendering queue Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  rendering queue (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Vasileios
Subject: rendering queue
Date: 12 Oct 2004 12:20:01
Message: <web.416c0329b8ca1d8de6cfc6ac0@news.povray.org>
Hello:
I have been doing some experiments with POV ray and i want to render the
same time (in the form of a queue) thousands of pov ray files.
So far i have been using the "file queue" option under the Render Menu but
the thing is that in that queue i can put only up to 500 files. Is there a
way that i can put on a queue several thousands of files?
Please suggest ways of doing so?
FYI:Each pov ray file in the queue has a small integer value difference
compare to the other ones but that integer difference makes a difference in
the image produced and in the end i want to have all these images.
thanks,
V.

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:15:37 EDT, "Vasileios" <vas### [at] cbisecedrexeledu>
wrote:
> Hello:
> I have been doing some experiments with POV ray and i want to render the
> same time (in the form of a queue) thousands of pov ray files.
> So far i have been using the "file queue" option under the Render Menu but
> the thing is that in that queue i can put only up to 500 files. Is there a
> way that i can put on a queue several thousands of files?
> Please suggest ways of doing so?

At least you can open a few instances of POV-Ray.

> FYI:Each pov ray file in the queue has a small integer value difference
> compare to the other ones but that integer difference makes a difference in
> the image produced and in the end i want to have all these images.

You can also make an animation with number of frames eqaul to number of your
scenes and make frame number as function for obtaining scene content (from
including different include file for each frame or frim generating scene
content using frame number as generator).

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:15:37 EDT, "Vasileios" <vas### [at] cbisecedrexeledu>
> wrote:
> > Hello:
> > I have been doing some experiments with POV ray and i want to render the
> > same time (in the form of a queue) thousands of pov ray files.
> > So far i have been using the "file queue" option under the Render Menu but
> > the thing is that in that queue i can put only up to 500 files. Is there a
> > way that i can put on a queue several thousands of files?
> > Please suggest ways of doing so?
>
> At least you can open a few instances of POV-Ray.
>
> > FYI:Each pov ray file in the queue has a small integer value difference
> > compare to the other ones but that integer difference makes a difference in
> > the image produced and in the end i want to have all these images.
>
> You can also make an animation with number of frames eqaul to number of your
> scenes and make frame number as function for obtaining scene content (from
> including different include file for each frame or frim generating scene
> content using frame number as generator).
>
> ABX

And of course, if you don't like either of these (very good) suggestions,
you could always use the command-line interface and either write a .BAT
file, or use some other scripting language, such as Perl.

 - dan B hentschel

Post a reply to this message

>>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:15:37 EDT, "Vasileios" <vas### [at] cbisecedrexeledu>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hello:
>>>I have been doing some experiments with POV ray and i want to render the
>>>same time (in the form of a queue) thousands of pov ray files.
>>>So far i have been using the "file queue" option under the Render Menu but
>>>the thing is that in that queue i can put only up to 500 files. Is there a
>>>way that i can put on a queue several thousands of files?
>>>Please suggest ways of doing so?
>>
>>At least you can open a few instances of POV-Ray.
>>

>>>FYI:Each pov ray file in the queue has a small integer value difference
>>>compare to the other ones but that integer difference makes a difference in
>>>the image produced and in the end i want to have all these images.
>>
>>You can also make an animation with number of frames eqaul to number of your
>>scenes and make frame number as function for obtaining scene content (from
>>including different include file for each frame or frim generating scene
>>content using frame number as generator).
>>
>>ABX
>

> And of course, if you don't like either of these (very good) suggestions,
> you could always use the command-line interface and either write a .BAT
> file, or use some other scripting language, such as Perl.
>
>  - dan B hentschel

But that has a side effect of bringing POVRay into focus (not good if
you intend to use the computer. I suppose you could use the cygwin build...

What I did was go into the command line (cmd), and do a dir /b >
files.lst, open that file in a spreadsheet program, and add the
necessary prefix, copy & paste it into the ini file (I can't remember

--
~Mike