POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : rendering queue : Re: rendering queue Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:36:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering queue
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 12 Oct 2004 13:30:09
Message: <416c14a1$1@news.povray.org>
dan B hentschel wrote:

> ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:15:37 EDT, "Vasileios" <vas### [at] cbisecedrexeledu>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hello:
>>>I have been doing some experiments with POV ray and i want to render the
>>>same time (in the form of a queue) thousands of pov ray files.
>>>So far i have been using the "file queue" option under the Render Menu but
>>>the thing is that in that queue i can put only up to 500 files. Is there a
>>>way that i can put on a queue several thousands of files?
>>>Please suggest ways of doing so?
>>
>>At least you can open a few instances of POV-Ray.
>>

>>>FYI:Each pov ray file in the queue has a small integer value difference
>>>compare to the other ones but that integer difference makes a difference in
>>>the image produced and in the end i want to have all these images.
>>
>>You can also make an animation with number of frames eqaul to number of your
>>scenes and make frame number as function for obtaining scene content (from
>>including different include file for each frame or frim generating scene
>>content using frame number as generator).
>>
>>ABX
>

> And of course, if you don't like either of these (very good) suggestions,
> you could always use the command-line interface and either write a .BAT
> file, or use some other scripting language, such as Perl.
>
>  - dan B hentschel

But that has a side effect of bringing POVRay into focus (not good if
you intend to use the computer. I suppose you could use the cygwin build...

What I did was go into the command line (cmd), and do a dir /b >
files.lst, open that file in a spreadsheet program, and add the
necessary prefix, copy & paste it into the ini file (I can't remember

--
~Mike