POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: distributed render project Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:46:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed render project (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Theo Gottwald * * *
Subject: Re: distributed render project
Date: 8 Jan 2004 03:37:20
Message: <3ffd16c0@news.povray.org>
Hi Tom,

I like the IMP-Project. I've just taken a look on your WEB-Site which is
very well made and
it explains, that from all rendered frames,

~934 were rendered on Windows while
~660 were rendered on all other OS (Unix, Linux, Mac etc.)

If we compare that to the fact that Windows is a lot more widespread,
then this shows in this numbers,  the mathematical  relation of what
Christoph
said about Unix before.

--Theo
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering. With SMPOV and
POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at: http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm

"Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] imporg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in
> news:c8k### [at] tritonimagicode:
>
> >> So far noone asked for that :-). Myself I don't plan to code in other
> >> environment then windows,
> >> [...]
> >
> > You should notice that you deny yourself the possibility to reach a
> > lot of users, especially for render farms and distributed rendering in
> > general unix systems are extremely widely used.
> >

> IMPFarm routinely has Windows, Linux, and MacOSX clients.
> http://www.imp.org/impfarm/status-show.asp
>

> --
> Tom
> The Internet Movie Project