POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: distributed render project : Re: distributed render project Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:06:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed render project
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 9 Jan 2004 00:24:52
Message: <Xns946B4143BD9Etomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Theo Gottwald * * *" <yne### [at] it-beraterorg> wrote in news:3ffd16c0
@news.povray.org:

> I like the IMP-Project.

:D

> I've just taken a look on your WEB-Site which is very well made

Thanks.  I had a lot of help, and there is still has a long way to go.

> If we compare that to the fact that Windows is a lot more widespread,
> then this shows in this numbers,  the mathematical  relation of what
> Christoph said about Unix before.

And we are just hobbiests.  Professionals would have even less use for
Windows.  Mac OSX on the desktop and *nix on the farm is the norm for
professional media creators.

I think your publishing the protocol spec is a good move ;)  It looks like
a simple script(bash/perl/python) is all that a *nix client would need to
hook in, as long as the underlying network transport is in place(SAMBA?).

--
Tom