POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pov editor highlight/rightclick suggestion Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:53:23 EDT (-0400)
  pov editor highlight/rightclick suggestion (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Marc Champagne
Subject: pov editor highlight/rightclick suggestion
Date: 15 Sep 2002 09:48:55
Message: <Xns928A63DAAF374POVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Me again!

The right-click options in the povray for windows editor has options for
indenting undenting etc... what about an option for
commenting/uncommenting code.

Hmmm...

Food for thought.

(I splurt these out as they come along)

--
(MIKA) Marc Champagne
marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: pov editor highlight/rightclick suggestion
Date: 15 Sep 2002 10:14:59
Message: <a459ou437q5nnljg1t9uh8tbn263d2sk5a@4ax.com>
On 15 Sep 2002 09:48:55 -0400, Marc Champagne <nos### [at] pleasecom>
wrote:

>The right-click options in the povray for windows editor has options for
>indenting undenting etc... what about an option for
>commenting/uncommenting code.

I've also given this idea some thought and decided not to bother the
Team with it. Why? Because it's just too much work for what it does.
Basically, you can comment a block of code in several ways, and what
happens if there are already comments inside (even worse, you comment
a closing comment)?

The current alt-drag CodeMax functionality pretty much makes the idea
obsolete anyway. Go to the beginning of a road, hold Alt and drag
vertically through the lines you want to comment. Do not select a
block, just drag vertically. The cursor is now, say, 20 lines high -
just tap '/' twice and you have your block commented. Uncommenting is
the same, only this time drag to block-select the // section.

Hope it works for you - it works like a charm for me.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg