POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : /nogui ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:44:05 EDT (-0400)
  /nogui ? (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: /nogui ?
Date: 4 Jul 2001 03:13:15
Message: <3B42C262.654381@gmx.de>
Elias Pschernig wrote:

> I'm quite sure it is here in userio.c:
>
> [...]
>
> Trying grep with \b and \007 showed it up quite fast..

Hmm, i already thought of '\b', didn't search enough though.

It also still seems obscure why it does beep with -p in Windows but not on
Linux...

Will change that when i recompile the files the next time.

> Btw., do you think it would be hard recompiling it with mingw ?

It actually is a MinGW compile, just done with the cygwin tools (it does
not need the cygwin DLL).  You also need the MinGW package in addition for
compiling it, since some of the libraries only come with cygwin as a
cygwin version.  I'm not sure if it compiles with only MinGW, but it's
easier with the complete cygwin environment anyway.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>