POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : /nogui ? : Re: /nogui ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: /nogui ?
From: Elias Pschernig
Date: 4 Jul 2001 07:40:58
Message: <3b4300ca@news.povray.org>
> It actually is a MinGW compile, just done with the cygwin tools (it does
> not need the cygwin DLL).  You also need the MinGW package in addition for
> compiling it, since some of the libraries only come with cygwin as a
> cygwin version.  I'm not sure if it compiles with only MinGW, but it's
> easier with the complete cygwin environment anyway.

I'm probably not going to modify any source code, but I'd like to have a try in
compiling it anyway. Do you have a makefile to compile with cygwin? (Or does the one
in the unix directory actually work?) And I read there about libpng and libz - do I
need them, and if so, where would i get them?

Thanks,
Elias Pschernig