POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Realistic rocks Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Realistic rocks (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: E B
Subject: Realistic rocks
Date: 1 Jun 2000 10:52:33
Message: <393678b1@news.povray.org>
Hello, I'm looking for a nice solution to design realistic rocks. I use
POV-Ray as rendering engine and I got Moray and sPatch.
I know blobs/metaballs might be a solution but so far, the programs I found
like Blob Sculptor (dos & windows version) or Softy 3D don't look very
helpful neither ergonomic...
So if anyone have already bumped into the same problem, please let me know,
that would help me a lot !

Thank you ;-)

Eric

P.S. While I'm here, got another question ;-) Where can I get nice quality
sounds (looking for stuff like 'walking on the snow', 'waves on a beach',
etc.) for free of course ?

Post a reply to this message

a few people have done asteroids and rocks littering a landscape using
isosurfaces.  you might want to search past posts about that.  very
realistic results by the way.

"E.B." wrote:

> Hello, I'm looking for a nice solution to design realistic rocks. I use
> POV-Ray as rendering engine and I got Moray and sPatch.
> I know blobs/metaballs might be a solution but so far, the programs I found
> like Blob Sculptor (dos & windows version) or Softy 3D don't look very
> helpful neither ergonomic...
> So if anyone have already bumped into the same problem, please let me know,
> that would help me a lot !
>
> Thank you ;-)
>
> Eric
>
> P.S. While I'm here, got another question ;-) Where can I get nice quality
> sounds (looking for stuff like 'walking on the snow', 'waves on a beach',
> etc.) for free of course ?

Post a reply to this message