POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Realistic rocks : Re: Realistic rocks Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:43:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic rocks
From: H E  Day
Date: 2 Jun 2000 23:26:32
Message: <39387A77.75F0D91D@heday.freeservers.com>
> There is a "woman's scream" effect that is used in so many movies that it
> shocks me every time I hear it in a new release. I think to myself, geez,
> these audio guys really must not watch other movies. Anyway, if you've seen
> "Wag the Dog" it's in there, on the faked recovered Albanian footage reel.

Same thing with pyrotechnics.  I've seen the same explosions used in everything
from the X-Files to Battlefield Earth, to StarShip Troopers.  Add in the last
two Star Trek movies too.  One explosion in particular has been used widely in
the movie, tv and video games industries first appeared on an old game called
"Cyberia" or some such.  Lends to a enhancement of disbelief.

--
H.E. Day