POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:47:10 EDT (-0400)
  PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview (Message 11 to 20 of 29)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Sander
Subject: Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview
Date: 25 Jan 2000 15:09:56
Message: <388e0314@news.povray.org>
Hi Thorsten:

I sent 8 e-mails to the makers of ACDSee and I received 10 back from them,
but they don't seem to be prepared to believe that they are at fault. (Their
product does other strange things, by the way). One remark of the respondent
was that "...the defective PNG keeps locking my system...", wich is even
worse than I experience.
I don't have the feeling that there is much progress, although I might be
too impatient.

I quite agree with you that they should provide the solution to this...

--
Regards,
Sander

Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> schreef in berichtnieuws
388d2aed@news.povray.org...
> In article <388cca3a@news.povray.org> , "Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote:
>
> > I know that the PNG file is useless and contains no image, but it should
not
> > do such weird thing to some of those programs.
> > Is there anything to be done or do I have to learn to live with this?
>
> No, if a defective or unacceptable file is loaded the programs should
> display a proper error message.  Complain to the authors of the programs
> that crash on invalid input, not those who generate it :-)
>

>      Thorsten

Post a reply to this message