POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview : Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Jan 2000 15:57:24
Message: <388e0e34@news.povray.org>
In article <388e0314@news.povray.org> , "Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote:

> I sent 8 e-mails to the makers of ACDSee and I received 10 back from them,
> but they don't seem to be prepared to believe that they are at fault.

Well, the PNGLib (which POV-Ray uses) is the sample implementation of the
PNG standard (not exactly, but practically).  It is the product every other
program has to measure its PNG support at.
And if their code locks up their system it is obviously their program
crashing ... but for them it is of course easy and logical to reject the
blame in that case, they wrote the program ;-)  The best solution is
probably to use another program, if they don't think it is their problem -
and they are then unlikely to fix it soon :-(

      Thorsten