POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : icc vs. gcc for povray 3.6.1 on AMD64 Server Time
17 May 2024 02:54:35 EDT (-0400)
  icc vs. gcc for povray 3.6.1 on AMD64 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: jhu
Subject: icc vs. gcc for povray 3.6.1 on AMD64
Date: 9 Aug 2006 13:30:00
Message: <web.44da1b346fc4a3c28f9cd9930@news.povray.org>
In case anyone was curious, these are my latest results for AMD K8-based
(Opeteron, Athlon64, Sempron64) processors running in a 64-bit Linux.

gcc, CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS=default
Total Time:    0 hours 20 minutes  5 seconds (1205 seconds)

icc, CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS="-O3 -ip -xW"
Total Time:    0 hours 21 minutes 10 seconds (1270 seconds)

icc, CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS="-O3 -ip -xP"
Total Time:    0 hours 21 minutes 27 seconds (1287 seconds)

gcc, CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS="-O3 -mfpmath=387"
Total Time:    0 hours 25 minutes 44 seconds (1544 seconds)

gcc, CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS="-O3 -mfpmath=sse,387"
Total Time:    0 hours 22 minutes 13 seconds (1333 seconds)

Notes:
- benchmark.pov scene, command-line switch: -w384 -h384 +a0.3 +v -d -f -x
- Results are on my Athlon64 (2.4 GHz)
- Patched icc to allow optimized code to run on non-Intel processors

Post a reply to this message