POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : icc vs. gcc for povray 3.6.1 on AMD64 : Re: icc vs. gcc for povray 3.6.1 on AMD64 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:31:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: icc vs. gcc for povray 3.6.1 on AMD64
From: jhu
Date: 11 Aug 2006 03:15:01
Message: <web.44dc2da58c8027112824b8210@news.povray.org>
I think I used the same patch. Although the reason I used it is because the
-xP option would give a fatal error (although -axP worked fine) prior to
patching. Running the unpatched compiler with -axP would make the program
run the generic code path (equivalent to compiling with -xW).

The -xP option supposedly utilizes sse3 and other optimizations, yet the
compiled program is still slower than with the default -xW. Anyone with an
EM64T cpu want to try this out?

-John