POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : non-super user installation Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  non-super user installation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Martin
Subject: non-super user installation
Date: 25 Jan 2005 13:15:00
Message: <web.41f68c1fc23a6d9b44da5db0@news.povray.org>
Hallo!,

I'd like to install povray on a linux computer (equipped with an old suse
distribution) for which I don't have the root passwd.
I follow the instructions given on povray.org for the binary installation
and use the suggested directory for the installation, i.e.

$HOME/usr/share/povray-3.6/

When I come to run the test: /.install test it says that it's not able to
find the file "scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov".
If I try to run povray on a file it says me:

INI file error.
Bad option syntax or error opening .INI/.DEF file
'//oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//'.

Does anybody can help me saying what manual steps I have to do for making
povray work under these conditions?

Thank you in advance!

Post a reply to this message