POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : non-super user installation : Re: non-super user installation Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:53:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-super user installation
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 25 Jan 2005 15:14:11
Message: <41f6a893$1@news.povray.org>
> When I come to run the test: /.install test it says that it's not able to
> find the file "scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov".

	It works for me.  Are you sure there was no error while running
the install script?  If everything worked as expected, the script should
have created a $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.ini file for you, containing the
following entries near the end:

;--- Lines added by POV-Ray 3.6 install script ---
Library_Path="$HOME/usr/share/povray-3.6"
Library_Path="$HOME/usr/share/povray-3.6/ini"
Library_Path="$HOME/usr/share/povray-3.6/include"
;---------------------------------------------------

	where $HOME is the actual path to your home directory (not the
verbatim variable as in the example).

	If you don't have this, it's likely something went wrong during
the installation procedure.  Try to run again ./install and check the
output for errors or warnings.

> If I try to run povray on a file it says me:
>
> INI file error.
> Bad option syntax or error opening .INI/.DEF file
> '//oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo//'.

	This is pretty weird.  This "//ooooooo..." text is some comment at
the top of the biscuit.pov file.  You should tell us precisely how you
invoqued povray to get such an error.

	- NC