POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : non-super user installation : Re: non-super user installation Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:49:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-super user installation
From: Martin
Date: 26 Jan 2005 05:35:01
Message: <web.41f771e0e4342500b44da5db0@news.povray.org>
Ok, thanks for your answer Nicolas,

after your confirmation that things should have worked correctly I tried to
look more deeply at the configuration of this computer and I discovered
that a previous version of povray was already present on the filesystem in
/usr/. This version was not properly installed but any call the executable
"povray" was intercept by the previous version that used a different
povray.ini non properly configured.

I simply prepended the directory of the new version in the $PATH list and
now everything is working correctly!

Thank you again for your time!

Martin