POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Rayshade - problems with compiling for RedHat Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Rayshade - problems with compiling for RedHat (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: Rayshade - problems with compiling for RedHat
Date: 19 Mar 2004 09:46:05
Message: <Xns94B1A05D3A994raf256com@203.29.75.35>
Hi,
I have problems compiling Rayshade in RedHat9,
I downloaded and unpacked latest official version,
then I typed ./Configure
there was a problem - about missing "rand" function (I told to use that
function name anyway).

Then I run make depend - it finised (but with some warnings).

And finaly make - didn't work:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/libshade'
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/rayshade'
cc  -I../libray -I../libshade -I..  -O   -c -o main.o main.c
In file included from ../libshade/funcdefs.h:30,
                 from ../libshade/rayshade.h:27,
                 from main.c:26:
/usr/include/string.h:260: parse error before '(' token
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/rayshade'
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/etc'
for i in rsconvert; do \
        (cd $i && make); \
done
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/etc/rsconvert'
Makefile:31: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/etc/rsconvert'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/install/rayshade.4.0/etc'
make: *** [default] Error 2
[root@rafal04rh9 rayshade.4.0]#

any ideas what to fix?  Or maybe somebody do have a working binary for
Linux/RedHat, or for Dos, or WIndows?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/