POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Rayshade - problems with compiling for RedHat : Re: Rayshade - problems with compiling for RedHat Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rayshade - problems with compiling for RedHat
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 20 Mar 2004 01:51:38
Message: <Xns94B24FEFBBEB9raf256com@203.29.75.35>
pov### [at] freefr news:405b2378@news.povray.org

> ftp://graphics.stanford.edu/pub/rayshade/Ports/Redhat6/
>         In particular, the README file says you should not run 'make
>         depend'.
> This stuff might work for newer RedHat distros, but since it dates
> back to late 1999 I would not be surprised if it actually doesn't.

I just run the executable downloadedfrom there (after un-tar'ing archive)
and it hanges (after spawning "cpp" process)

As for the sources:

>> cc  -I../libray -I../libshade -I..  -O   -c -o main.o main.c
>         Also you'd better force gcc instead of cc:  CC=gcc ./configure

Didnt help.

>         Rayshade is somewhat "dead" since the mid 1990's.
>         Besides, this is news.povray.org, searching google groups
>         might
> give you more interesting inputs.

No much help ther also :-/

Maybe somebody do have older linux/unix and would be so nice as to
(cross)compile for me an version that will work also on my RedHat9 on i686?

Or to install this software anyway and give mi an SSH+SFTP account to use
it remotely, for few days?

I could return fawer by giving account on 2 GHz/512 MB for remotely playing
with PovRay...

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/