POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:39:03 EDT (-0400)
  compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: marabou
Subject: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc
Date: 19 Apr 2004 11:09:05
Message: <4083eb90@news.povray.org>
hello,

to upgrade my Povray version from 3.5a to 3.5c i downloaded the
sources and tried to make a compile. but it failed.
are there any hints for me?

thank you in advance.

my system uses gcc-2.95.4 with libc-2.2.5 and libstdc++2.10 on PIII
with Deb.

configure was
time ./configure --prefix=/opt/povray-3.5-c --target=i586 --without-x

then simple make.

and this was my error (Fehler) message:
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/agun/prog/povray-3.50c/src'
c++ -DPREFIX=\"/opt/povray-3.5-c\" -DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/opt/povray-3.5-c
share/povray-3.5\" -DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/opt
povray-3.5-c/etc\" -DUSE_IO_RESTRICTIONS=\"\"     `if [ "Xgcc" =
"Xgcc" ]; then echo "-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -O3 -finline-functions
-ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-fexpensive-optimizations -malign-double -foptimize-sibling-calls
-minline-all-stringops -Wno-multichar -c atmosph.cpp
cc1plus: Invalid option `inline-all-stringops'
cc1plus: Invalid option `-foptimize-sibling-calls'
make[1]: *** [atmosph.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/agun/prog/povray-3.50c/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

real    0m9.412s

Post a reply to this message

> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/agun/prog/povray-3.50c/src'
> c++ -DPREFIX=\"/opt/povray-3.5-c\" -DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/opt/povray-3.5-c
> share/povray-3.5\" -DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/opt
> povray-3.5-c/etc\" -DUSE_IO_RESTRICTIONS=\"\"     `if [ "Xgcc" =
> "Xgcc" ]; then echo "-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -O3 -finline-functions
> -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
> -fexpensive-optimizations -malign-double -foptimize-sibling-calls
> -minline-all-stringops -Wno-multichar -c atmosph.cpp
> cc1plus: Invalid option `inline-all-stringops'
> cc1plus: Invalid option `-foptimize-sibling-calls'

Apparently your gcc does not know those two options.  You can remove
them manually or use a newer version of gcc or wait until POV-Ray 3.6
gets available as source (although this might also require a newer gcc
but for different reasons).

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message