POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc : Re: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:54:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Apr 2004 12:30:02
Message: <c60up4$7p4$1@chho.imagico.de>
marabou wrote:

> you may know upgrading gcc is not as easy as it sounds (i did not find
> any manual for using two compiler versions or library versions on
> system at the same time for my Deb).

Building a new gcc is extremely easy, it of course takes some time but i
never had any problems with it (and the source package of gcc comes with
step by step instructions even my mom could follow).  Just install into
/usr/local (which is default) and you will have no problem having two
gcc versions on the same system.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______