POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Emacs pov-mode problem Server Time
3 Jul 2024 14:57:34 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs pov-mode problem (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Shay
Subject: Emacs pov-mode problem
Date: 7 Sep 2003 10:22:04
Message: <3f5b3f0c@news.povray.org>
I want to experiment with the pov-mode in Emacs, but am getting an error. I
untarred the three files into /usr/share/emacs/21.2/list/textmodes. I did
not have an .emacs file in my home directory, so I created one whih now
contains only:

(autoload 'pov-mode "pov-mode.el" "PoVray scene file mode" t)
(setq auto-mode-alist
        (append '(("\\.pov$" . pov-mode)
                  ("\\.inc$" . pov-mode)
                 ) auto-mode-alist))
(require 'pov-mode)

When I attempt to start Emacs, or when I remove the last line, start Emacs,
and then try to M-x to pov-mode, I get the following error:

Wrong type argument: listp, "/usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/"

I know that the pov-mode files are in the load path. Emacs does bagin to
load pov-mode before displaying the error. I can switch to perl-mode,
cc-mode, etc. without a problem.

Any help appreciated.
 -Shay

Post a reply to this message