POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Emacs pov-mode problem : Re: Emacs pov-mode problem Server Time
6 Jul 2024 05:05:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs pov-mode problem
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 29 Sep 2003 08:46:03
Message: <pan.2003.09.29.12.46.02.596421@toneby.com>
Den Sun, 07 Sep 2003 09:21:04 -0500 skrev Shay:

> I want to experiment with the pov-mode in Emacs, but am getting an error. I
> untarred the three files into /usr/share/emacs/21.2/list/textmodes. I did
> not have an .emacs file in my home directory, so I created one whih now
> contains only:
>
> (autoload 'pov-mode "pov-mode.el" "PoVray scene file mode" t)
> (setq auto-mode-alist
>         (append '(("\\.pov$" . pov-mode)
>                   ("\\.inc$" . pov-mode)
>                  ) auto-mode-alist))
> (require 'pov-mode)
>
> When I attempt to start Emacs, or when I remove the last line, start Emacs,
> and then try to M-x to pov-mode, I get the following error:
>
> Wrong type argument: listp, "/usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/"
>
> I know that the pov-mode files are in the load path. Emacs does bagin to
> load pov-mode before displaying the error. I can switch to perl-mode,
> cc-mode, etc. without a problem.

Hi

I'm using emacs 21.3.1 and does not have this problem. if you enable
"Enter debugger on error" (it should be in the options menu), and then
paste the result here. But first, you should download the latest version
of povmode (I made a mistake while packaging it, and forgot the files
that belong to the insertmenu).

/Peter