POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installation script + RPM Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:54:21 EDT (-0400)
  Installation script + RPM (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Fabien HENON
Subject: Installation script + RPM
Date: 16 Sep 2002 17:04:29
Message: <3D8643D1.2080100@caramail.com>
I have uploaded an installation script (for the tar.gz archive) for
Pyvon along with a RPM package for the Mandrake and RED-HAT systems.

Please tell me if you have any problem.

htt://pyvon.sourceforge.net

Fabien H.

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter
Subject: Re: Installation script + RPM
Date: 22 Sep 2002 01:34:09
Message: <3d8d5650@news.povray.org>
Fabien HENON wrote:

> I have uploaded an installation script (for the tar.gz archive) for
> Pyvon along with a RPM package for the Mandrake and RED-HAT systems.
>

> Please tell me if you have any problem.
>
> htt://pyvon.sourceforge.net
>

> Fabien H.

Hi
I'm using Redhat 7.3 and installed pyvon from the .tgz.  Never used povray
or pyvon before, so this is an experiment.
Redhat installs both python and python2 (installer complains about
dependancies if you try to only install python2).
I found I had to edit res.py with
#!/usr/bin/python2
and edit the os.system line for python2.

Seems to work ok.
How do I get pyvon to save the image?
Or do I have to run povray itself to do that?

thanks

Peter

Post a reply to this message