POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installation script + RPM : Re: Installation script + RPM Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:09:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation script + RPM
From: Steve
Date: 22 Sep 2002 18:17:40
Message: <slrnaosgas.2kl.steve@zeropps.org.uk>
On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:33:59 +1200, Peter wrote:

> Hi
> I'm using Redhat 7.3 and installed pyvon from the .tgz.  Never used povray
> or pyvon before, so this is an experiment.
> Redhat installs both python and python2 (installer complains about
> dependancies if you try to only install python2).
> I found I had to edit res.py with
> #!/usr/bin/python2
> and edit the os.system line for python2.
>
> Seems to work ok.
> How do I get pyvon to save the image?
> Or do I have to run povray itself to do that?

Hi Peter, you need to take the mouse pointer right to the botom of the
main Pyvon window and hold the pointer over the border and pull it down,
then a new input line will become visible entitled paramaters, you can
specify the output file here, eg adding:

-o money.ppm

But there seems to be some other problems too, like it wont find the POV
executable for a second render even after restarting Pyvon and reselecting
the executable.

--
%HAV-A-NICEDAY                    email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet
Steve                                web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/