POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installation script + RPM : Re: Installation script + RPM Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:06:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation script + RPM
From: Fabien HENON
Date: 28 Sep 2002 10:14:24
Message: <3D95B862.3010807@caramail.com>
Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:33:59 +1200, Peter wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>I'm using Redhat 7.3 and installed pyvon from the .tgz.  Never used povray
>>or pyvon before, so this is an experiment.
>>Redhat installs both python and python2 (installer complains about
>>dependancies if you try to only install python2).
>>I found I had to edit res.py with
>>#!/usr/bin/python2
>>and edit the os.system line for python2.
>>
>>Seems to work ok.
>>How do I get pyvon to save the image?
>>Or do I have to run povray itself to do that?
>

> Hi Peter, you need to take the mouse pointer right to the botom of the
> main Pyvon window and hold the pointer over the border and pull it down,
> then a new input line will become visible entitled paramaters, you can
> specify the output file here, eg adding:

For the command line that disappears, I still have to do some debugging.

> -o money.ppm
>
> But there seems to be some other problems too, like it wont find the POV
> executable for a second render even after restarting Pyvon and reselecting
> the executable.

What do you have in the pyvonrc file in your home directory ?
When you exit from pyvon, it stores in pyvonrc the location of the pov
executable. I'll double-check if I did not comment out that line.

You have to be root to install it, but a normal user to use it.