POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Mesh etc. Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:53:07 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh etc. (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Mesh etc.
Date: 8 Mar 2004 11:50:10
Message: <404ca442$1@news.povray.org>

news:404c835d@news.povray.org...

> So my question was, since I have never had any experience with such a
> tool first hand, does it indeed obviate any need for manually
> rearranging vertex mappings on a uv template, such as we get involved in
> when using uvmapper?

From what I've seen, no. You still have to move the vertices yourself if
necessary, due to the limitations of the uv wizards. The added productivity
is due to the following 1) the wizards are more sophisticated than the
primitives (box, sphere, cylinder) offered by UVMapper and 2) real-time
painting which removes the usual worries about putting paint at the right
place. But it's still quite theoretical to me and I still need to plunge
headfirst in a real BP project before I can really talk about it.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message