POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Mesh etc. : Re: Mesh etc. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:42:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh etc.
From: Lonster
Date: 20 Apr 2004 02:48:11
Message: <4084c7ab@news.povray.org>
I agree with you whole-heartedly on the value of SDL.  While mesh models
certainly are valuble for many things, as a machinist I daily carve parts
out of solid blocks of metal and simply THINK in CSG.  The ablity of POV to
use multi-dimensional, array defined, splines is a powerful yet poorly
documented feature that has taken it out of hobby status and solidly put it
on my workbench.  I hope in future versions to see more tools like pipes to
get the data directly into CAD/CAM instead having to dump via #debug into a
file.

---