POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Mesh etc. : Re: Mesh etc. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:45:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh etc.
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Mar 2004 11:50:10
Message: <404ca442$1@news.povray.org>

news:404c835d@news.povray.org...

> So my question was, since I have never had any experience with such a
> tool first hand, does it indeed obviate any need for manually
> rearranging vertex mappings on a uv template, such as we get involved in
> when using uvmapper?

From what I've seen, no. You still have to move the vertices yourself if
necessary, due to the limitations of the uv wizards. The added productivity
is due to the following 1) the wizards are more sophisticated than the
primitives (box, sphere, cylinder) offered by UVMapper and 2) real-time
painting which removes the usual worries about putting paint at the right
place. But it's still quite theoretical to me and I still need to plunge
headfirst in a real BP project before I can really talk about it.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com