POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Windows in curved surfaces Server Time
4 May 2024 17:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Windows in curved surfaces (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alex McMurray
Subject: Windows in curved surfaces
Date: 5 Jan 1999 13:23:24
Message: <369257B5.785D65D4@melbpc.org.au>
Hello there.

    I am having a problem in getting windows into a curved surface, as
in the rim of a cylinder.   I can place windows onto any flat surface
quite easily, but putting them onto irregular shapes has me tossed.
Any hints.

Thanks Alex
--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.

>     I am having a problem in getting windows into a curved surface, as
> in the rim of a cylinder.   I can place windows onto any flat surface
> quite easily, but putting them onto irregular shapes has me tossed.
> Any hints.
>
> Thanks Alex
> --
>   ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
>  /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.
>  \_,--.x/ P.O. Box 215 Melton. Vic.  3337                     Australia

Try this and see if it's what you had in mind.

  camera{location<0,0,-5>look_at<0,0,0>}
  light_source{<-5,0,-20>rgb 1}

  union{
  intersection{
  cylinder{y*-1,y*1,1 open pigment{rgbf<1,1,0,1>}
  finish{ambient .4 diffuse .1 specular 1 roughness .0001 reflection .05}}
  plane{z,-.8 pigment{rgbft 1}}rotate 0*x}

  intersection{
  cylinder{y*-2,y*2,1 open pigment{rgb 1}}
  box{-1,1 scale<.7,1,.6>translate z*-1.35 inverse pigment{rgbft 1}}}
  rotate 0*y}

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet